What should I do after I have suffered a paralyzing injury in Texas?

Home » FAQs » What should I do after I have suffered a paralyzing injury in Texas?

How to Proceed After a Paralysis Injury in Fort Worth, Texas

We cannot stress enough that counsel should be contacted immediately to begin the process of dealing with insurance companies and adverse parties. In this article we will discuss how to proceed after suffering this type of injury.

One of the first steps after suffering a tragic injury due to the negligence of another should be to contact a personal injury attorney. Once counsel is retained, insurance companies and adverse parties will be put on notice and will no longer contact the victim. All communications will flow through the victim’s attorney. The attorney will stay in close contact with you throughout the early stages of the case while you are receiving medical treatment. Once the victim’s condition is stabilized and a path of future care can be determined then it may be possible for the attorney to send a demand for payment to the insurance company of the defendant. These demands usually include things such as liability facts showing how the victim was injured, a breakdown of the medical expenses incurred, an outline of costs for future medical care, and other aspects of economic loss that will be suffered. The insurance company will then respond and negotiations may begin or the case may go directly into litigation.

Man in wheel chair

A key aspect of cases involving paralysis is the compensation needed for future care and future economic loss. These amounts will likely involve the use of experts to perform comprehensive analysis and calculations. The insurance company and opposing counsel will normally attempt to challenge the methodologies used. This is why it is important to retain an attorney that has experience handling these types of cases and has the resources to hire the experts necessary to prove up the case.

When selecting counsel for a serious injury case it is important to retain a firm where the attorneys have substantial experience. If you or a loved one have been paralyzed through the negligence of another then contact counsel today to speak with a personal injury lawyer. This is necessary regardless of whether you live in Texas counties including Tarrant, Dallas, Johnson, and Wise counties as well as Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Haltom City, Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, Watauga, Grapevine, Colleyville, Southlake, Arlington, Keller, Grand Prairie, and Dallas.

Free Case Evaluations

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.